Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

British Study: Thyme is Effective Against Acne

I have known that the essential oils in natural herbs can effectively kill bacteria, but it's nice to see and share independent studies that support that. After reading this article on MSNBC.com, I decided to see if I could find any recipes for a homemade cream using thyme. I happened upon a site called, "All Natural Beauty" which had a page with recipes for skin and hair care. There are all different kinds, but one I really liked was the Fennel and Thyme toner. I plan to try it with fennel and thyme from my own garden. It would be nice to avoid the extra, unhealthy, and potentially allergy-inducing ingredients that are in so many over-the-counter products. I believe that there are other factors that play into having good, clear skin such as proper diet and exercise. If you have more information that is helpful, please feel free to share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment