Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Nonni's Biscotti


I never thought I would love the flavor of anise and chocolate. In a way, it is like eating M&M's mixed with Good N' Plenty candies...not a combination I would ever think to try. But the truth is, I love (LOVE!) Nonni's Biscotti.

As I enjoy them, they evoke in my mind the image of a small Italian cafe in a countryside village. Outside the cafe is a cobblestone road that leads out into the countryside, and inside the cafe the scents of basil, chocolate, garlic and freshly-baked bread swirl in the air. Traditional Italian music is playing quietly in the background. The sound of it puts me in a trance every bit as much as my delightful dessert does. I heave a deeply satisfied sigh of appreciation for all that life is and has to offer. The sensation of thereness is so tangible I can almost believe it's real. And, that, is why I love Nonni's Biscotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment